[pct-l] A voice from the Sierra Mountains

Ken and Wanda Brimmer kbrimmer at cccomm.net
Fri Apr 30 15:13:10 CDT 2010

This is my first entry, ever!  I can nearly see the Sierra Mountains from my front door.  For those of you who might be curious, it is definately still winter in this part of the country.  We have had an unusually rough winter and it just keeps hanging on.  I will be doing a seventy mile section on the JMT in late July.  Not quite the PCT but for a 57 year old woman, not too shabby.  My friend (61 WF) and I  will be hiking from Onion Valley to Bishop Pass and out.  I am a little intimidated by rushing rivers and ice fields, so hope to get some reports from thru hikers.  I've hiked the lower half of the JMT several times and may be able to provide information if needed.  Take care of yourself and be prepared.