[pct-l] KO Video by Nat Geo

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Wed Apr 28 22:49:40 CDT 2010

What I learned about the NeoGraph AT video was that the filmmakers wanted more then 1 episode to show off all the excellent footage they had, but they were turned down and had to cut to fit.  As part of their agreement with the public land agencies that inorder to film they had to include some conservation message in their content.  Hence that was why it was so short with only a little of the trail shown.

I suspect that the PCT documentary had to deal with many of the same issues but I thought they did a better job with it then the AT one.

I own almost every documentary available on the 3 big trails so I didn't need another one that is similar to ones I already have.  It isn't like there aren't already DVDs with interviews of hikers with funny stores or ones showing hikers hiking the entire PCT with what they encountered.  So while I did wish for more footage of the trail and the hikers on it (2x current length would have been good), I still found it entertaining and it will end up on my DVD shelf and be watched when I have trail withdrawls.

-Miner