[pct-l] KO Video by Nat Geo

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 28 17:41:51 CDT 2010

Joe

I agree with you.  I really didn't want to get a thread started on what a disappointment it was but...  they focused on a far too limited a pool of hikers and ended up with a poor selection of them, and using "celebrities" well... Nothing against Monty or Strider.

There was no mention of the section hikers and their logistical challenges.  Where in the mention of trail angels were shots at the Andersons or other layover spots?  There wasn't much on trail towns either.

The bit on the mountain lions was interesting but off topic as was the bit about the volcanic mud and extreemaphiles living in it.

This thing was thrown together on a shoestring.  All the money was spent on the helicopter.  This production would not have inspired me to look further into the trail.

I though that the show on the AT was lame and this wasn't much better.  This had poor writing and poor production values, way below Nat Go's usual standards.

Shepherd