[pct-l] Early starts??? 1st hiker hit Wrightwood 4/10

R Johnson rdukes412 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 25 22:47:34 CDT 2010

We had our first 2010 NOBO thru-hiker stay with us here in Wrightwood on 4/10. Officially the 1st to register in town. We were shocked to get a call so early in the season but glad to pick him up. He did have to skip the section after Wrightwood due to snow and the undetermined Station Fire re-route. Hopefully he does alright in the Sierras being so early. . . . I noticed a few other posts about early starts and just wanted to chime in and say that YES, there are people out there very early - despite the snow. It'll be interesting to see if the pack is spread out a little this year.

Good luck everyone - and we can't wait to meet some amazing hikers again this year.

Becky