[pct-l] Trail closures and reroute information - where?

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 09:13:59 CDT 2010

Your best route in the Glcier Peak Wilderness is the original PCT. Most of the hikers are now taking that. Last August I rode the hiker detour but arranged to be trailered around the "Little Giant" part.  That part of the detour is dangerous to hikers and also notorously very dangerous to equestrians. A woman tried it anyway and lost both of her horses, they fell about 500'. She was rescued by helecopter.  A HIKER also fell and  ended his hike in the hospital with a broken neck.
MendoRider