[pct-l] Late Kick-off?

longyear at firemog.com longyear at firemog.com
Thu Apr 22 18:50:57 CDT 2010

All,

I am planning on thru-hiking this summer but due to work and other
constraints I am not able to start until 5/24.  I originally thought that
this meant that I would have to start somewhere in sect. C (Big Bear?) but
with this El Nino spring I am wondering if I can actually KO from Campo.
Any thoughts?

I have already hiked most of WA state so if a late start means that I get
snowed out of the northern sections, I am not to worried about that.
Rather, I was concerned that a late start would mean no water, no springs,
and ++ temps in the early sections.  Now I'm not so sure.   Is anyone else
starting late, and where are you thinking of starting from?

All regards,
  ~Andrew

Portland, OR