[pct-l] Using the Ursack without the aluminum

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu Apr 22 13:21:21 CDT 2010

>From the Ursack site FAQs:

"Is Ursack resistant to rodents, marmots, wolves, etc?
Ursack is highly effective against Marmots and raccoons. It should not be
considered wolf or dog resistant. That's because they have sharp teeth and
strong jaws. Bears have great strength, but their teeth are not sharp. We
now make a rodent resistant bag, the Ursack Minor.  It is not effective
against bears although we think it is more effective against rodents than
the AllWhite. Other rodents have varying degrees of success. Sometimes mice
can chew very small holes, but very little of your food is likely to be
taken. Some species of squirrels and (we have heard) pine martens have
greater success, and may on rare occasion chew holes in bear resistant
Ursacks."