[pct-l] Glacier Peak Wilderness route?

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Apr 22 09:08:52 CDT 2010

Stick to the PCT. I'm a huge creek crossing weenie and walked upright
across the log over the Suiattle river no problem. This year you
might get a bridge. Other than that, the trail was in fine shape.
There's a section of big huge blowdowns that is amazing. You scramble
over, around, under and along them. Really fun. It's beautiful. Word
has it that hikers attempting the equestrian bypass got lost. Plus
there are big, scary fords on the bypass and the trail is not in good
condition like the PCT. You gain nothing taking the bypass. The main
pct is better for hikers.

Diane

On Apr 21, 2010, at 9:05 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Any 2009 PCT hikers who did Washington (or knowledgeable others).
> How did
> you deal with the Glacier Peak detour, and what do you recommend? The
> original pct, the official forest service bypass or the highway 2
> road walk
> (equestrian bypass)?
>
> --
> Ralph Alcorn