[pct-l] Glacier Peak Wilderness route?

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Wed Apr 21 21:52:42 CDT 2010

When I hiked through in September, they had rebuilt most of the bridges except the Suiattle River one (and there has been a log across it every year recently).  The remaining blowdowns really only effect the last 3 miles before the Suiattle and there were well defined paths under/around the trees.  It was very easy to follow and barely slowed us down last year.  My first reaction would be to say just hike the Original Route.

However, the most recent PCT Communicator Magazine said that they will be rebuilding the Suiattle bridge and removing much of the remaining blowdowns this summer and due to that work may require people to use the detour this summer.  I think people will need to play it by ear and see what is happening when they arrive in Washington.

-Miner