[pct-l] Info for 2010 Hikers

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Wed Apr 21 20:01:24 CDT 2010

I know there will be many folks gathered, talking about the trail in the
upcoming days.  Thought this might be of interest to hikers who also cycle.
The Amgen Tour of California is getting to be a pretty big race on the
cycling tour. On May 21, the Tour will be crossing areas where hikers may be
between Palmdale and Big Bear.  Cowbells optional:

www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/#6

In addition, our local L.A. County Fire Station No. 81 has been putting on
an annual event called “St. Baldrick’s Day”, but it typically doesn’t take
place when the hikers are going through.  This year the date coincides with
hiker season:

Who:                     Everyone, including PCT hikers

What:                    St. Baldrick’s Day food, drink, and entertainment
(as in live bands)

When:                  Sunday, May 23 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Where:                 Sweetwater Café/Hardware Store/Bullwinkle’s Gift shop
parking lot on Agua Dulce Canyon Road (right on the trail through town)

Why:                     Head-shaving for kids with cancer

How Much:         Free!

To learn more about what this event and St. Baldrick’s is about, go to:
www.stbaldricks.org .  If hikers want to do something like shave their heads
for their hike, they may want to attend this event and give their hair for a
good cause.  Spread the word . . .

L-Rod