[pct-l] Do hikers just go through the snow on Mt. Jacinto, Big Bear etc.? What are your plans?

gwschenk at socal.rr.com gwschenk at socal.rr.com
Tue Apr 20 15:10:49 CDT 2010

Well, if you don't want to hike in snow you're in trouble. North of Kennedy Meadows you'll be entering a major mountain range and crossing 4000 and 3000 meter passes in spring conditions. You'll be encountering a lot of snow. With the weather we're having this year, the Sierra may not melt out until July.

Hopefully others will chime in with conditions along other parts of the trail. I would imagine the Cascades are loaded with snow right now, also. It's only April.

Maybe you could regroup and explore some desert ranges for now. Or hang out at Redondo Beach? Good luck to you.

Gary