[pct-l] Mice in water cache at Swarthout Canyon

Susan Goodwin photosusan1 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 17 21:22:50 CDT 2010

To whomever killed the mice in the water cache at Swarthout Canyon ------ SHAME ON YOU!!!

Those mice have been a conversation piece amongst the hikers for the past several years.  The hikers would always look out for the mice and never disturb them.

Well, today, the mice lay outside their "home" with ants covering them and their nest lays in the dirt next to the cache.

What did the mice do to anyone?  They weren't bugging no one!

I actually had a hiker from a couple years ago email me a couple weeks ago and said his wife has been wondering about those mice and he wanted to check on them to report back to her.

Inside the cache where the mice used to be......(which they didn't take up much room at all)........someone has placed several books for the hikers.

Poor Mice......... you will be missed!  :-)