[pct-l] Sierra Snow Report

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Apr 14 16:07:24 CDT 2010

Hi gang,
Trouble is back in town....for a limited time only.
Just got back from another week of skiing in the Sierra at Mammoth Mountain.
Snow, as far as the eye can see.
We got another 22" Monday and Tuesday.
Since 1969 the average season snow fall at Mammoth Mountain averaged 342".
This season total so far is 516".
The current base is 11-15 feet and more is on the way.
This, of course, is good news for  "Ski Bums"  like me, but bad news
for  "Hiker Trash"  like you.
So do like Ground Pounder Bill says  "BE  PREPARED".

Say Switchback.....this has been six solid weeks of skiing for me this
year and I have gone down only once.
This is without a doubt, undeniable, indisputable, unquestionable
evidence that I am getting better as I get older.
Some things do get better with age.
I   ''MUST''   be one of those rare gems that get better with age.
I am so exited about this, I can barely wait until tomorrow, knowing I
will be better tomorrow than I am today.

JMT Reinhold
Your exited trail companion