[pct-l] Latest San Jacinto Photos

David Ellzey david at xpletive.com
Thu Apr 15 14:54:45 CDT 2010

Great photos, thanks.

According to the forecasts, next week is supposed to be damp as well. I am always dubious of the forecasts this far out but it does show the possibility of another storm system moving through, possibly dumping even more snow in the SoCal mountains.

I have tentative plans to hike from Paradise Café/Hwy 74 (mile 152) to the Deer Springs Trailhead (would exit PCT at mile 183) starting April 30th. I will return with a report and photos the following Monday.

Unfortunately I do not have enough time to check out Fullers Ridge but I understand that Ned will be holding a Snow Skill Course up in that area during the same timeframe so between our 2 reports there should be some good information for the thrus.

BigToe