[pct-l] Sierra Snow Report

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Apr 14 23:13:51 CDT 2010

Unsupported JMT Snow Bunny Reinhold writes: Say Switchback.....this has been six solid weeks of skiing for me this year and I have gone down only once. This is without a doubt, undeniable, indisputable, unquestionable evidence that I am getting better as I get older. Some things do get better with age. I   ''MUST''   be one of those rare gems that get better with age. I am so exited about this, I can barely wait until tomorrow, knowing I will be better tomorrow than I am today.
Switchback of Kickoff Site #22 replies: This why you, a Marine, have no excuse for not doing the JMT Super Senior record.  Unless you are afraid.  Say, did you hear about a real Marine?  A Marine pilot over in Iraq, was flying along the Iranian border.  An Iranian air controller called him and said he was in Iranian air space and he better get out or Iranian fighters would be sent in.  The Marine replied he was in Iraq airspace and in a FA-18 fighter and would wait for the Iranian fighters.  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.  No reply.  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. ha.

And about not going down, but only once.  Yes that is true if you only ski on the sissy runs.  I can see you afraid of going on the runs with the big boys and girls.  The snowboard bullies like me would spray snow all over you and then be off laughing down the slope leaving you in a heap and crying.  I love doing that to baby boomer skiers.  In your case, it would be pre-baby boomer skiers.