[pct-l] Media mail?

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 12:28:48 CDT 2010

And in my experience (also sending actual media via media mail), Media Mail
takes much longer than Priority Mail or even Parcel Post. Three weeks is
typical, versus 2-4 days for Priority Mail or about a week for parcel post.
(Maybe it's the time they take to open and inspect some of them!)

If you're looking for cheap, use Parcel Post, which has the extra benefit of
being legitimate. (And, as covered in other threads, that's the one to use
if you're sending fuel.) Another alternative for the big packages you're
talking about sending to your friend: UPS Ground. Five days or less from
anywhere in the US to California, and for packages more than about 5 pounds,
it's usually cheaper than Parcel Post.