[pct-l] Media mail?

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 10:44:43 CDT 2010

Our local PO warns everyone trying to ship media mail packages that they do check every MM package. If the package contains anything other than books or CDs, and that includes any note you might attach, the package won't be delivered. They didn't say how it is checked or what happens to it if found to be "less than honest".  They claim USPS has had too many "misuses" of the service.

If you were a  postal clerk facing a large (resupply-box-sized) media mail package that didn't weigh a lot, wouldn't you be suspicious" Remember school? Books are HEAVY.

Can you afford your resupply box(es) not reaching their destination because of that? YMMV.