[pct-l] Hiking from Cajon Pass to Big Bear

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Mon Apr 12 22:55:07 CDT 2010

Paul:

I read with interest your description of hiking in this area because I am planning on hiking from Cabazon to Agua Dulce immediately after the PCT kickoff on April 25. What did you mean that you felt you needed an ice axe? How was route finding? How much more more snow will dry up by the end of April/beginning of May? Was the snow continuous above 7100 feet?

I am going to take an ice axe and micro spikes to the kickoff, but was not planning on deploying them until Kennedy Meadows. I will do it sooner, if it is necessary.

Thanks for the info. I sent a message to your inbox, but my email address was rejected as being too "spam-like".

--Mary "Fireweed" Kwart