[pct-l] why close the burn areas?

Junaid Dawud jdawud at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 18:23:31 CDT 2010

I'd say yes, but then again I disdain many of the regulatory practices
this society uses.

I walked through a burned area in Oregon. It's status may not have
been open yet. My biggest concern was falling trees, not rangers
(since one had basically said that if he was me, he'd go through). I
moved quickly and cautiously, and before I knew it I was through the
burn.

I wouldn't recommend walking through a closed burnt area. However, if
a competent outdoorsperson were to tell me they intended to go thru, I
probably wouldn't try to convince them not to.

Junaid

On Apr 12, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com <diane at santabarbarahikes.com