[pct-l] Bear Charms, was: Re: Sierra resupply strategy/bears

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Mon Apr 12 12:23:25 CDT 2010

Good morning,

I don’t know for sure whether mothballs will, or will not, repel bears but I
do know there is disagreement that an interested hiker should investigate.

For example: 1) I always carry a spoon on the PCT.  2) I’ve never been
troubled by elephants on the PCT.  3) The only time I was troubled by wild
elephants was in Republic. of S. Africa’s Kruger National Park when I didn’t
have a spoon.  Therefore …..

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09