[pct-l] Fishing

-Mountain Goat- themtgoat at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 23:27:24 CDT 2010

I fished on the 2005 thru hike, the snow was above normal and the only lake I did any good at was Crabtree, 8" fish.and Benton lake. 12"!

its a tough call, since really to early to get good fishing, It depends on how much time you are willing to give up on the trail, to fish.

If I was to go in the later season, I would say it would be good, but on a thru hiking schedule, you may or may not catch very much.

-Mountain Goat-
PCT 2005

Adam Mason
    amason.ml at gmail.com

So I picked up a Coleman pen fishing pole. The pole and the reel are
5.6 oz. Im thinking about 6 oz with tackle. Has anyone ever fished
along the trail? How is the fishing? Is it worth it to bring i?
Comments please.