[pct-l] Pack advice

Hillary Schwirtlich hillary.schwirtlich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 23:11:55 CDT 2010

Hey everyone, I'm new! I'm jealous of all your trail names, but I guess I'll
just have to wait. I'm getting an early start on (hopefully) thru-hiking
next year (oh please please please).

I'm looking for packs. Last night I may have fallen in love with a pack (ULA
Ohm). But I don't want to make a quick decision, and I'd like to hear
others' opinions. My friend just bought the Gossamer Gear G4 for his
thru-hike. That looks pretty good too, and (maybe slightly) lighter and
(quite a bit) cheaper. I don't know why, but I'm still leaning towards the
Ohm.

Does anyone have any experience with these packs? I have been a lightweight
backpacker for a few years, but am looking to go ultralight for the PCT (as
far as it works for me), so I have no experience with either brand. Any
advice is welcome.