[pct-l] Stehekin in the news

jason moores jmmoores at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 5 19:50:18 CDT 2010

Stehekin residents have been fighting phone service for decades. It's amazing that they've been able to hold out this long. Most permanent residents don't consider this a good thing, and they surely didn't want taxpayers to have to pay for it. They're an independent bunch up there.

Then again, we lived next to the only public phone in Stehekin for two summers. It kinda sucked. How do you end up living in such a quiet and lovely place only to be located at the busiest spot in town?

jason