[pct-l] nerve problems in feet/bigger size shoe needed

Kathryn Zimmerman thebaglady07 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 20:13:56 CDT 2010

Diane,
I can't believe a doctor told you that...that's bullshit!  I hiked the AT in
'07 at age 58 and my feet hurt every day due to plantar fasciitis.  By late
in the day I was hiking on the balls of my feet.  Poor insoles was probably
the main reason.

When I got home I did deep tissue massage - lots of it!...then cold laser
therapy.  Then I pretty much stayed off them for a year.

But they HEALED!  I only walked in Chacos in the summer and Dansko's in the
winter because they have good arches.

Now, as I train for the PCT, I have no foot pain.  Zero, nada, I use
Birkenstock insoles.  And this time my feet will get massaged every time
before I stand up.

But I want to say, they should heal.  Don't just accept foot pain.  Try cold
laser or acupuncture, better shoes with more arch support...but don't give
up!

BagLady

--
- Kathryn