[pct-l] Payment Options - Debit Cards

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Sun Apr 4 16:59:04 CDT 2010

My preferred payment method was always my credit card followed by cash.  My debit card was used when I wanted more cash at an ATM, store, or post office.

I haven't mailed a payment to my credit card in years.  Most allow you to set up a bank transfer to make your payments.  It isn't hard to find internet access in the 2-3week period after your statement is posted to arrange a payment on whatever date you desire.  I paid all my bills using the internet while I was on the PCT.  I wasn't about to trust my 18year old neice (who was watching my home and dogs) to pay everything while I was gone.  Especially after I recieved a text message on Mt. Whitney that she had gone through most of the money I left her to live on during the summer and it wasn't even July yet.

-Miner