[pct-l] deodorant

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Apr 4 09:47:23 CDT 2010

Unsupported JMT Snow Bunny Reinhold writes: Switchback, It has nothing to do with "afraid" but with, as Ground Pounder Bill says, "BE PREPARED". BTW....why is that big, bad Air Force Colonel carrying a Bear-Vault, bear spray, and stockpiling rocks?  Could it be that he is afraid of that big black bear?
Switchback replies: Yes, as Ground Pounder says, I am prepared.  Prepared to hunt down bears and deal them a smack on the head.  My BearVault Solo is a trap and a lure.  The rocks and spray are their reward.  When I go into the Sierras, the Bear Union sends out a Safety Alert: "Switchback is in the Sierras!  All bears be on alert for his tricks and harassment ploys.  Do not make yourself a victim like PCT backpackers."

I live by what John Muir wrote: "Strange the faithless fuss made about taking a walk in the safest and pleasantest of all places, a wilderness."

I did not notice any moth balls mentioned.  Of course, may be you are right.  He probably had a bunch of moth balls in one of his pockets .....not.

Say, how is your training going for the big JMT Super Senior record?  I know you can do it.  A record that will stand for years.  A historical event in backpackerdom.  A record that will rival any PCT Yo-Yo records.