[pct-l] gaiters and maps

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sat Apr 3 20:52:20 CDT 2010

I too love Joe Trailman gaiters.  I have used them for many years.  They
  keep the trash out of my shoes, but don't give me a heat rash like the
old nylon gaiters did.  I am not surprised to learn that Dirty Girl, REI
and Montbell all have a similar product now.  I believe Joe was the
first.  They have lasted far longer than expected, and they are still
going.  Eveready gaiters!
I also LOVE the PCT Atlas.  I don't want to invest in a color printer,
color inks and special paper.  I don't want to spend the money and time
printing my own maps.  I love all the info included with the maps in the
atlas--the mileage, profiles, elevation, water alerts.  I love that it
is pocket sized--I no longer have to photocopy pages from the guidebook
or dig through a bunch of lengthy prose on some other page to find the
information I want.  This series has vastly simplified my trip planning
and my days on the trail. Thank you, Eric, for all the work you did and
it is totally worth the money in my opinion, totally suiting my needs
and feeding my map/data obsession.
Marion