[pct-l] SoCal Resupply

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sat Apr 3 19:45:24 CDT 2010

Hi Junaid,
I know you did not specifically ask about this but I thought it could be helpful.
I too sent a box to Mt. Laguna. However I found the store had ample, if expensive, supplies. Also folks had "jettisoned" huge quantities of comestibles into the hiker box there. I wished I had saved myself the trouble of sending a box and bought there instead. The price of overnight shipping could be as much as the premium the store charges for goods anyways. Just a thought.
A lot of folks either sent their box directly to the store or called the PO and asked NICELY and the awesome Mail Person put the box in the store for them to avoid PO hours.
Anyhow, last year I missed the PO and had to wait an extra day. I was like a lost puppy dog watching my new found trail tribe depart Mt Laguna without me :(
It's all good cause I caught them and passed em in the San Felipe hills :)
Anyhow, please don't be ticked off or think I am trying to tell you what to do.
 The Mount Laguna store has become Super Hiker Friendly since my last visit in 1991. Last year they treated us like gold!
-Iceaxe

HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent on the go from my Peek