[pct-l] Subject: Gaiters wot make?

linsey mowoggirl at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 15:18:12 CDT 2010

Mad Hatter

aka Martin the Brit wrote...

"Hey Trekkers any ideas on what gaiters are best?

You know those things that cover from your trainers to below the knee?

They seem to be held on with elastic under foot? Doesnt that where out? Snap? Ker ping?

Any zip types?"

Dear Mad Hatter,

Not many would agree with me (except the esteemed Ray Jardine, where I got this concept), but I would only wear gaiters if trying to keep snow out of my shoes and never as a matter of course.  Gaiters highly restrict ventilation.  The occasional rock is no problem to remove, my mesh shoes let in much dirt and grit anyway.

Sincerely, Lollygag, 2010 SOBO hopeful