[pct-l] Sleeping bag liners - poll

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Fri Apr 2 05:17:00 CDT 2010

> Quick PCT-L poll: how many people use each of the following options:
>
> *  Sleeping bag liner
> *  Dedicated sleeping clothes
> *  Nothing in particular - I don't worry about it

"B" - dedicated sleeping clothes (SoCal & NorCal - silk, Sierra & Washington - microweight
merino wool, Oregon - depends on that year's weather)...

One launders the 'sleeping clothes' at town stops, NOT the sleeping bag!  ;-)
I also use either a silk or microfleece balaclava to cover my hair-impaired head - not so
much for warmth, but mostly to keep body oil off/out of the bag...  If it's hot, I carry a
microfleece mini-pillow cover to stuff clothes in - keeping my head off the bag...

I did away with a bag liner for all the 'negative' reasons described - even after I also
tried a JagBag that had side opening to match bag zipper...  Getting in/out was much better,
but I still got all tangled up while sleeping - and I do NOT move around much while sleeping!

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)