[pct-l] Kennedy Meadows Day 2010 - June 18

Postholer public at postholer.com
Thu Apr 1 22:08:57 CDT 2010

> So who wants to wait around for 3 weeks at KM?  Not me.

Chosing a start date in December is ridiculous.

For those who wait till April 1st, the peak of snow season to choose a start
date, I think Disco was just publicly doing the math for everyone.

Choosing a start date to alleviate that waiting time is the whole idea.
Further, it gives San Jacinto and Baden-Powell extra time to melt out, sans
section D road walk. The earlier you leave, the more you get to deal with
right from the start.

Leaving KM the middle of June will leave you plenty of time to get to
Canada, and more clear trail to walk on. Walking on snow is exhausting, slow
and takes away the joy of hiking in the Sierra, carefully watching every
slushy, slippery, sun-cupped, foot step.

-postholer
Trail Journals, Google Trail Maps, Forums: http://postholer.com
Printed Map Books: http://postholer.com/mapbooks