[pct-l] RE New route Snoqualmie area

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Thu Apr 1 20:23:19 CDT 2010

Last year we missed Spectacle lake due to the fire. Lint, PI, Birdman, Miss Information and I did the reroute past Waptus lake. (I am the Waptus woo!) Okay maybe I was the only one to get that reference to the Beatles.
Actually Lint said that Spectacle lake was the highlight of that section if not the most beautiful lake on the PCT.
Ya know, the lake will be there. Someday if I am lucky I will go back and see it.
Kinda like the white out of fog I experienced in Goat Rocks. I never got to see the famous view there but I did have an incredible dreamlike hike along the razors edge with glimpses of glaciers to either side, barely able to stay on the trail due to high winds! It was awesome!
Whatever the trail provides is a great gift.
If the class of 2010 has to walk the reroute I hope y'all have as much fun as we did with it.
"I am the Waptus Wooo! Ko Ko Ca Choo!"
-Iceaxe

HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent on the go from my Peek