[pct-l] Gear List & Itinerary

Roger Binschus roger_pct at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 17:48:58 CDT 2010

First off, I wish to thank the PCT-L, they have been an invaluable resource in planning for my next hike, as well as assisting my hiking partner in learning for her first Thru-Hike. The start date is fast approaching, and I am finalizing the details. I wanted to share my Gear List and Itinerary, in hopes of getting any feedback or tips.

My pack seems a bit on the heavy side, so any suggestions via email, or blog comment will be much appreciated.

GEAR LIST
http://northboundheartsong.blogspot.com/2010/03/gear-list.html

Also, since I have only hiked 1200 miles (SoCal, & Oregon), my awareness of optimal town stops is still in refinement. If you would like to comment on my itinerary, it would be appreciated. (the dates will be refined as I travel, so I am looking more for feedback on whether I missed a better stop along the way, or am stopping at a poor choice)

ITINERARY
http://northboundheartsong.blogspot.com/p/travel-itinerary.html

====
You will see that my plan is to hike all of California, then all of Washington, then if finances/weather/mental health permit, I will redo Oregon. This of course may change as well.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you

Roger "Psycho" B
& Lauren "Apricots" W.