[pct-l] parking at Timberline

pam.bryant at cox.net pam.bryant at cox.net
Tue Sep 29 18:16:05 CDT 2009

Will,

     We parked our vehicle at the Timberline Lodge for 5 days (Tues through Saturday in mid August 2009. We encountered no problems. There were a lot of cars and people coming and going in the parking lot. There was no charge for parking.

     We ended up staying at the Lodge for a night. If you get a chance it is a wonderful experience. The lodge was dedicated by President Roosevelt in 1937. A lot of the furniture and hardware are original. Back in those days the quality of their work was excellent to last almost forever. There is a continuous film at the lodge, no charge, on how the lodge was built, quite remarkable!  It is about 15 - 20 minutes.

     We also took the ski lift to the top. It was $15 round trip/person and that was a sight to see people skiing, snowboarding in August.

     Have a great time. Hiking the PCT going north and staying at the lodge was a very memorable experience.

Pam