[pct-l] parking at Timberline

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Sep 29 16:28:28 CDT 2009

Good afternoon, Easy,

I live just west of Mt. Hood and often leave my car at Timberline Lodge when
I’m doing a 2-4 day out-and-back, or when hiking all the way around Hood on
Trail-600, the Timberline Trail.  Don’t park in the lot immediately in front
of the lodge; that’s for those staying at the lodge.  Below/east of the
day-use lodge is a large paved parking lot that’s OK, but I usually park in
the gravel lot on the right at the corner just before the paved lot.  For me
it’s handier to PCT access.

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

 http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
 http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09