[pct-l] The hazards of hiking alone (2nd try, sorry!)

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Sep 29 13:21:04 CDT 2009

Jim wrote:
Find a copy of "The Complete Walker" by Colin Fletcher - he's the one
that started me solo hiking without feeling socially 'guilty' about
it... Happy trails!!! Jim (PITA)

Jim, You forgot to mention  "The Man Who Walked Through Time"  by Colin
or  "High Odyssey" the first solo winter assault of
Mt. Whitney and the John Muir trail by Eugene A. Rose  or  "The High
Adventure of Eric Ryback"  or  "The Ultimate Journey"
by Eric Ryback.....all classic accounts of solo adventures.
Also, I never felt socially guilty about my solo hiking.
Is there a reason why one should feel socially guilty about solo hiking?

JMT Reinhold