[pct-l] Pocket mail alternative

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Mon Sep 28 19:14:55 CDT 2009

I used the Peek on my JMT this year.  Like David, I did not find battery
life to be an issue.  I brought a second battery, but did not have to use
it.  I kept the unit off except when I wanted to use it, maybe 45 minutes a
day to do entries.  Then I'd save the entry (until I knew I would be
somewhere where I could send it).
I did find their customer service a bit of a pain.  Not being techno
oriented, I often would have to spend a bit of time finding something out.
Their on-line help isn't much.  On the phone, they're nice, but they aren't
available 24/7, and still couldn't give me an answer when I did contact
them.
Would I use it again?  Absolutely!   But I'd recommend getting it a month
ahead of time so you can work out your own set of problems.
Ellen