[pct-l] Snoqualmie Pass Wa Trail Work Parties (Oct 3,4,10,11)

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 26 21:29:17 CDT 2009

Check out the Washington Trail Association web site (www.wta.org) for opportunities to work on the PCT south of Snoqualmie Pass the next two weekends.  October 3, 4, 11 and 12 are dates for day long work parties.

The area in question (just north of Windy Pass up through Ollalie Meadows, roughly trail mile 2396-2397) is in need of brushing and tread work.  I know from first hand experience as I hiked this part back in July.

On the WTA website, click on the quick links on the left side for "trail work parties" and then scroll down the list to find the PCT work parties.

The start point, Windy Pass, can be driven to directly in any car (although rough and slow going in a couple of spots for a low slung passenger car).  The drive time from the Seattle area is about an hour and 15 minutes.