[pct-l] Best gps iPhone app?

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Thu Sep 24 14:31:30 CDT 2009

Gaia GPS $2.99

This one may be going places.  I sent email to the CTO/lead programmer
of the group responsible for the app to ask about track/waypoint
the next release (after the one that Apple is reviewing right now).

He also told me that he and one/some of the co-founders of their group
just got back from 51 miles of Sections J and K!

I offered the suggestion that after they get that going, it might be
to select tracks and/or waypoints and say "download the maps for this
items" and you would have maps for most of the PCT if you have the
Postholer waypoints and the PCTMAP.net tracks loaded.  :-)  (Be on
WiFi and plugged into power, this would take a while!  ;-)

So this one is probably a good investment, at less than the cost of a
pint of (good) beer!

BillB