[pct-l] Kennedy Meadows South Info

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Sat Sep 12 06:29:10 CDT 2009

> I'm planning to do a overnite out of Kennedy Meadows...
> Where is the Parking Areas and Trailhead registry - I will be heading North

I assume you're headed North on the PCT (?) ...
Drive about 2.5 miles N of the Kennedy Meadows Store to Kennedy Meadows Campground (USFS),
which is at the "end of the road"...

See Postholer Maps at <http://postholer.com/gmap/>...
The PCT map comes up as the default...
Under "Location Type", select "Mail Drop/Resupply"...
Under "Location", scroll down & select "Kennedy Meadows"...
In the pop-up desription box, click on "Center & Zoom"...
Change from "Map" to "MyTopo"...
Drag the map down a ways and the Kennedy Mdws. loop road & campground symbol come into view...
(You might have to wait for the PCT trace to load before each screen change takes place)

Hope that helps!

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)

Support the Pacific Crest Trail Association and its mission:
Protect, preserve, and promote the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail...
Join, renew, or donate today: http://www.pcta.org/

"Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul."  - Edward Abbey