[pct-l] The man who walks with bears

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 27 21:25:58 CDT 2009

This was very interesting but I fear that some people may see this and not realize that the professor has spent years studying bears and and understands how to approach them.  He has spent time establishing relationships with the bears he studies.  I fear someone will try to hand feed a bear and be injured.  We all know that bears who believe that they can get higher nutritious food from you back pack or car than from roaming the forest will go for your food every time.  Yes, bears are not monsters, but they are very large wild animals and need to be respected and kept wild.

Shepherd