[pct-l] REI

Joshua M jtmlite at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 15:34:30 CDT 2009

In Seattle REI went out of their way to help return some faulty gear, I
think their gear exchange policy is great even though some hikers take
advantage of it.
In Bend some REI employees let us store our packs at the store while
we attended a local festival.  Afterwards they let four  of us all stay at
their place and drove us to the trail the next day.

My two REI stories! =)

REI is like the walmart of camping gear, there are going to good and bad
points. If they help me get less expensive gear and send some yuppies out my
way, great!  Weekend hikers carry WAY too much food and are always willing
to share!

OD
pct 08