[pct-l] feathered friend

Joshua M jtmlite at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 15:28:01 CDT 2009

Feathered Friends bags and Western Mountaineering bags are the best sleeping
bags money can buy...imo =)
The good ole people at Feathered Friends let you customize your bag to a
certain degree.  You can pick how much down you want, the length and what
type of shell material you want.  Last time i looked into them there were
several different types of material from light weight non water resistant to
some stuff that was similar to gore-tex.  Of course there are some weight
differences.

I went with Western Mountaineering because their bags tend to be slightly
lighter, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

As for sleeping cold.  I had a 20 degree bag and never got too cold.  As i
became more and more skinny i had a couple cold nights, but
was alleviated by my nice down jacket.  Next time I restock my gear supply I
think i'll go with a 32 degree bag and keep my down jacket.  Anything to
save a couple lbs...If you get too cold just put on more clothing or snuggle
with some fellow hikers.

Hope this helps

OD
Pct 08