[pct-l] Yuppie 911

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 26 17:14:10 CDT 2009

Whatever may happen with all these PLB and SPOT stories, I am gleeful with the
phrased use in the articles "Yuppie 911".
(  http://www.dailycamera.com/get-out/ci_13639265    from an AP report )

What an awesome phrase.

Let's face it...many people buy these totchkes
without the requisite outdoor experience and knowledge. Their local REI
sold that to them as part of the outdoor lifestyle package (TM).

Where as before they would not have ventured beyond their comfort zone,
now they play Bear Gryls (minus the staged shots, camera crew and
hotel stays. :D) , try to "conquer" the mountains
and snivel when the water is too salty (yes; that's an actual Yuppie 911 call
from many of the articles floating around).

More calls like this will happen in the future.

Yuppie 911 indeed.  What  wonderful, descriptive phrase.

Accidents do happen...salty water ain't one of them. ;)

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art
http://www.facebook.com/pmags