[pct-l] Sierra hikers misuse portable GPS trackers

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Oct 25 13:58:51 CDT 2009

Also from the article:
"Since purchasing his SPOT satellite messenger in June 2008, Steve
Cosner never goes hiking or backpacking without it. Not only because
he may need to summon help, but also to comfort his wife back home in
Fresno when he's out rambling in the mountains."

People worry their heads off over taking a walk in a forest. They
make "bomb-proof" gear as if sleeping on a bed of pine duff is the
equivalent of going to war. People are so nature deficient they can't
even put it into perspective anymore. It's sad.