[pct-l] PCT Photo Atlas (free & online)

Postholer public at postholer.com
Thu Oct 22 19:34:05 CDT 2009

Postholer journalists are proud to bring you the PCT Photo Atlas!

http://postholer.com/photoAtlas.php

This is a collection of 3,324 images representing 887 unique locations along
the PCT in categorized, alphabetical order. While not every possible
location is included (yet), here are the highlights:

+ 887 unique locations with multiple images for many subjects/places.
+ 145 unique Lakes and ponds
+ 102 unique creeks and rivers
+ 82 unique mountains and peaks
+ 54 unique passes
+ many, many plants, flowers, cactus and animals

For those of you who are planning a hike, arm-chair hiking or just day
dreaming, I think you'll like this. It's also an excellent reference for
researching the trail.

This information was taken directly from journals, specifically journal
images with captions. Many journal photos don't have captions, so
unfortunately we couldn't utilize the entire resource.

With the infrastructure set up we'll be updating this periodcally.

Have fun!
-postholer