[pct-l] Good News ...about getting in shape for a hike

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 07:59:47 CDT 2009

The Wagon Master writes: The power of the great Switchback's electro-magnetic curse has recently been studied by Nobel scientists (well, actually a couple dentists) and found it be so strong as suck the Sierra into the White Mtns, therein collapsing and crushing all of the eastern Sierran communities.?The LA Dept of Water and Power has been paying Switchback huge sums of money to get him to do this, so that ALL of the eastern Sierra water can be totally siphoned off to blood thirsty and water thirsty LA.?The press has not gotten?wind of this . . . yet.???

Switchback replies: Yes, this is true.? This how I get gear to test out for PCT expeditions.? The next one will be October 22-26.? I figure that the Los Angeles basin could naturally handle one million people.? That means that the other 12 million owe me a dollar a month to keep them supplied with water.? That is $144 million per year I am owed.? That is just about right for my planning for my new PCT record of thru-ballooning the trail.?

I will have a small solar powered propeller engine to cruise above the thru-hikers and section-hikers in my refrig/microwave equipped basket.??I will yell down at them, "Say, does anyone have some more?ice cream?and cold ice for my beer?? I only have 3 more days supply up here.??Oh, you don't.? Well, thanks anyway.? Hey, the Mojave looks very hot down there.? Must be a hot year to hike the trail.? Whoops, I accidentally dropped an ice cube.? Boy, what a scramble down there."