[pct-l] Visa for thru-hike

andy.hiker at ntlworld.com andy.hiker at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 8 13:35:34 CDT 2009

Anna
A tourist visa normally runs for 6 months (at least for me in the UK). You first apply for a B1 or B2 visa which lasts for 10 years...then when you enter the country they stamp you in for 6 months. Assuming they let you in. They will carry out checks when you apply for the visa back home. You may have to prove you have sufficient funds and a home address when you enter the country also
I guess it would be the same being Swiss...but you should check with US Embassy at home. Personally I have had no issues with the US authorities.
Good luck
Dryfoot
Andy

http://blog.andywestactive.com/blog