[pct-l] October 4th snow in the sierras leaves one SOBO super SAD

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Mon Oct 5 01:02:22 CDT 2009

Please keep in mind that this early-season snow storm is most likely that,
an early flash-in-the-pan. The weather should return to clear and cool days
while the trees turn color. The nights will be COLD, in the 20s to 30s.

If your schedule will allow it, just stay put on the trail for a day or two
while the storm blows through and the sun returns. If you've already left
the trail, wait it out in town. Sage should just spend a night or two in the
campground in Mammoth.

Watch the skies for Cirrus clouds that indicate the approach  of another
storm. Pay attention when the winds shift to from the South, as well. A
couple of inches to a couple of feet of snow doesn't mean that you will be
stranded in the Sierra unable to escape and will not be found until Spring
at this point in the calendar.

Prepare for the cold and carry a tent that can keep you warm and take the
weight of snow!

Mtnned