[pct-l] After Action Report - Earthquake Attack

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Oct 4 22:15:15 CDT 2009

The Wagon Master writes: That plethora of earthquakes, all occuring one right after another, a few climbing step wise in magnitude, all occuring basically in the same area, sure seems to suggest some good ol'?serious fault movements. But leading up to the?"big one", not likely.?"The Big One" is slated for the section of the San Andreas fault from?about Tejon Pass to Cajon Pass.?Now, is this movement the lock unlocking that is holding back the eastern Sierra frontal fault from another big one? Good question!

Switchback replies: This brings up a good point.? I will try to return to Horseshoe Meadows before the month is out to do some hiking and camping.? I wonder if I now have some type of powerful magnetic field that triggers earthquakes in the Sierras.? If I get back there and more earthquakes follow and the Rangers put two and two together, I will be banned from all the Eastern Sierra.? I wonder if I could cause an earthquake at the April 2010 PCT Kickoff?? There would not be any big rock slides, but a few people would be knocked in the head by falling trees.